At Current, we want to be moved by God. Our approach and our goal is simple: move toward, move forward, move outward.
Whether you’re just beginning your spiritual journey or you’ve been a follower of Jesus Christ for decades, we all need to continue moving closer to the Lord. “Come near to God and He will come near to you” (James 4:8).
Faith is more than surface-level interaction, it’s an adventure! Each of us needs to be challenged to take our faith deeper, to get serious about knowing God and following Jesus. Diving into God’s Word is the best way to begin this forward growth. “Make every effort to add to your faith” (2 Peter 1:5).
Faith in Jesus is action-oriented. Simply believing is not the end—we must live what we say we believe. Your walk with God really comes alive when you share what He has done in your life with others, and one of the best ways to do that is by serving. The Bible commands Christians to go to all nations spreading the message of the Gospel and making disciples (Matthew 28:19-20). Galatians 5:13 tells us to serve one another in love.
What We Believe:
- We Believe in God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit—that they are distinct personalities with distinct roles (Matthew 3:13-17) but one God (Ephesians 4:6, 1 Timothy 2:5, 1 Corinthians 8:6) and that this one God is the Creator of the universe (Colossians 1:16, John 1:1-3).
- We Believe Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Savior, the Son of God (John 1:41, John 4:25-26, Luke 19:10, John 4:42, Matthew 14:33) who was born of a virgin (Luke 1:34), lived a sinless life (2 Corinthians 5:21), died on a cross (Colossians 1:20), was raised from the grave (Luke 24:6 & 34, Colossians 1:18), and that He will return as our victorious Lord (1 Thessalonians 4:17).
- We Believe Jesus is the only way to God—that our salvation comes only through Jesus Christ (John 14:6) and cannot be earned—it is a gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- We Believe the steps of salvation are: to hear the good news about Jesus (John 5:24, Matthew 13); to believe in Him (John 3:16, Mark 16:16); to repent of our sins (Luke 5:32, Acts 2:38).; to confess our faith in Christ in the hearing of others (Romans 10:9-10, 1 Timothy 6:12); to be baptized by immersion (Matthew 3:16, Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16).
- We Believe everyone who accepts Christ has the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit who acts as a Comforter, Guide, and Advocate (Acts 2:38).
- We Believe the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God in its entirety and that it does not contradict itself, nor does it need to be added to or subtracted from. It is our guide (Hebrews 4:12).
- We Believe the Church is the body of Christ and the extension of Jesus Christ’s character, attitude, behavior, and mission in our world today (1 Corinthians 12:27).
- We Believe God gives gifts to both men and women through the Holy Spirit for the benefit of the church’s ministry (1 Peter 4:10, Ephesians 2:10).
- We Believe humility in prayer is foundational for all we do (James 5:16) and that celebrating communion together weekly is beneficial for all Christians (Acts 20:7, 1 Corinthians 11:25-26).
If you would like more information on church beliefs, please contact us by email or by phone at 281.395.4722.